Due to the Grand Bend Arts, Eats & Beats Tour being postponed, we have decided to move our Free to Create Youth event to May 1st and 2nd of 2021 to coincide with the Tour. Keep on creating and we'll see you in the spring!
Community Gardens....The Optimist Club of Ausable Port Franks has garden plots at the Community Garden. Fresh produce will be placed into a “Bounty Basket” outside the garden fencing. This will be for anyone who can use it - our gift to our Community. Please feel free to take produce from the basket only. We are hoping to have this set up by the weekend. These gardens are near the playground at the Community Centre.
Western Fair School Ag-Tours for teachers and students (Ages 5-11).
About this Event
Western Fair Association annually provides thousands of local school children free agriculture tours during the Western Fair. With the recent cancellation of the physical fair due to pandemic restrictions, we are offering a FREE valuable virtual package of agriculture education that will be available for teachers and their students to benefit from in the classroom or through online learning at home.
Working with our partners: Growing Chefs Ontario, Farm & Food Care Ontario, Ontario Federation of Agriculture, AgScape and several of the Province’s top commodity groups, we are excited to deliver V-PODs (Virtual Places of Discovery) where you can learn about each industry through videos, activities, Q&A, and more.
1. Register for the resource library, virtual schedule of events & 2 BONUS features- live on Sept 14th.
*NOTE: Student emails block emails from Eventbrite and event organizers. Please use a different email if you are able.
2. Pick your age group (5-11 or 12-18). Content will be geared towards each group.
3. Check back in August for a full breakdown of events available (emails will also be sent)
4. Choose to participate in 1 or 5 V-PODs. Each POD will be available to you after, but will include a recording of videos instead of the live segment.
6. Share your experience through social media to receive classroom Fair ribbons & prizes!
Monday, September 14th to Friday, September 18th, 2020
Students ages 5-18, teachers & parents
From the comfort of your classroom or home!
Schedule*More information to follow
LINK for ages 5-11: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
LINK for ages 12-18: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER